Golf has been adored by both men and women since its invention in Scotland hundreds and hundreds of years ago. Regardless of why they’re drawn to the sport, many people can’t seem to get enough of it! Keep reading to learn a few of the benefits of hitting the links, and consider booking a time for golf instruction in Cookeville, TN with one of our pros:
- Spend time with friends: Even if you’re more of an introvert than an extrovert, just about everyone likes spending time with friends and family. Unfortunately, hectic schedules can make that difficult. Luckily, there’s a solution! Book a tee time at Southern Hills Golf & Country Club, and you’re guaranteed to spend a few quality hours with all of your friends or family members.
- Exercise: Getting the right amount of exercise has proven to prolong your life, keep your weight down and just make you feel better overall. Even though golf isn’t automatically the most active sport, it can definitely help you get your steps in, especially if you forgo the golf cart. And besides, it’s better than sitting on your couch eating nachos! Book some time for golf instruction in Cookeville, TN and you’re sure to lose a few pounds while having a little fun at the same time.
- Lower your blood sugar: It’s no secret that Americans have a love affair with sugar and other fattening foods. A combination of eating too much sugar and a lack of exercise will without a doubt raise your blood sugar levels, and can eventually lead to diabetes. If you know anyone with diabetes, you know it’s not a life you want to live. Reduce your risk of getting diabetes by hitting the links once in a while.
- Get some sun and fresh air: Sitting inside all day behind a desk just isn’t good for your overall health. Everyone needs to get outside and get some fresh air and sun on the weekends! Golf is a great way to do just that. Out on the course, you’ll get fresh air and enough vitamin D from the sun to last you for a while. Having adequate vitamin D levels has been shown to keep your bones strong, boost your immune system and more. Just make sure you put on sunscreen before you tee off!
- Clear your head: Work, school and all of the other stresses of everyday life can take quite a toll on your mind and body. Unless you have to hit a 30-foot putt to win the Masters, many people find that heading out onto the golf course is a great way to reduce that stress. After playing a round on your local course, you’re likely to feel refreshed and ready to take on the world!
If the only thing stopping you from getting out onto the course is the fear of not hitting the ball well, don’t worry. The pros at Southern Hills Golf & Country Club have years of experience with golf instruction in Cookeville, TN. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been playing for days or years, we guarantee we can take several strokes off of your scorecard!
Categorised in: Golf
This post was written by admin